Things I should be doing:
- stripping wallpaper
- selecting countertops, flooring, and cabinets for a kitchen redo
- shopping for the birthday bombardment that is just around the corner
- scheduling an appointment with a computer tech
- dusting my house
- clearing my flower beds
- folding the load of laundry that has "de-wrinkled" at least 7 times
- washing the layers and layers of spring-thaw mud off my vehicle
- etc., etc., etc.
But I am not doing any of these things. I'm playing hooky. The rhythm of the crochet stitches and the feel of the yarn in my hands is balm for my being. Why is that?
Crocheting is not the only hook for me, though. Another little distraction I've been attending to is Downton Abbey.
Hooked...Hooky...Playing Hooky. I should probably go now. I think I just might need to watch another episode.