I was often finding myself in a bit of a snit because I
had trouble finishing a binding with my machine couldn't finish a binding with my machine. The bobbin-thread side of the project always looked terrible. I don't really like to travel the road to Snitsville. Snorting, stomping, and snatching at my hair is not attractive. My solution to the problem was to run far, far away from a project if it had a binding that I didn't want to finish by hand. Not a very good solution. It seemed like everything I wanted to do had binding somewhere. I decided the best way to fix the problem, and eliminate the need to travel to Snitsville, was to practice. Potholders seemed like the perfect thing to practice on. Five sets of potholders later, I have discovered that finishing a binding with your machine is all about getting your needle positioned in the right place. It's not nearly as hard as I made it out to be. I am excited to try some projects that I have shied away from. Stay tuned...
I also appliqued a dish towel to go with this set of potholders. This is a super-easy, speedy project with a lot of eye appeal. I love this kind of project. It's an item everyone can use, it makes a great gift, and when time is short, it feeds my appetite to complete something. Best of all...this is a no snit creative endeavor :-)!